Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Travel Spree


Life, as they say takes you places. And recently, it has been taking me places where I never expected to be and that too geographically! In the past few months, I’ve set foot in four different continents, six different countries and a hell lot of cities. The experience, well minus the work – fabulous! From the oriental Asia, Uncle Sam’s territory to exotic Egypt it has been quite an experience and a big number on my miles and more card. I’ve seen lakes and deserts alike where they span endlessly seeming to meet only the horizon. I’ve spent days on the shores of lakes big enough to drown cities and oases with Nile as the only source of water. I’ve stayed more in Hotels and service apartments in last year than time spent at home. I’ve spent enough hours on flights, airports and cars and subway trains than all the hours of flying earlier put together. Questions asked to me have morphed from “When are going?” to “When are you (Finally) coming back?” and to even the dramatic ones “Are you coming back at all?” Across the towns the staff at half of the Subways’ and pizza hut know me and at star bucks instead of asking, “What will you have today”, they say “The usual?” Over the time, I’ve become platinum member for Marriott, Gold member for Hertz. Well, I’m still working on my Lufthansa miles, though. This is what I think I almost always wanted - To see the world and live the good life.

1 comment:

Celso Rosa said...

Unfortunately the text Goa was all about a dog I found. Two days latter her owners appeared and I found out her name was Goa... I wish I could visit Goa (the territory), but still didn't. Thanks for dropping by.