Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Square Root of Three



This definitely would come under the lame poems category if you sing it to your valentine. But for some reason, I found the poem very interesting and good. Maybe, that's the geek inside me speak (and perhaps the poem was meant to be for geeks only) but then again, it's a well thought - of poem 'arithmatically' if not romantically. Read on... 

I’m sure that I will always be
A lonely number like root three

The three is all that’s good and right,
Why must my three keep out of sight
Beneath the vicious square root sign,
I wish instead I were a nine

For nine could thwart this evil trick,
with just some quick arithmetic

I know I’ll never see the sun, as 1.7321
Such is my reality, a sad irrationality

When hark! What is this I see,
Another square root of a three

As quietly co-waltzing by,
Together now we multiply
To form a number we prefer,
Rejoicing as an integer

We break free from our mortal bonds
With the wave of magic wands

Our square root signs become unglued
Your love for me has been renewed

--- Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay

4 comments:

Vineet Rajan said...

thats one hell of a geeky love poem! brilliant! for a min i thought u wrote it, but then heck

Heman - What a name! I know, but let it be said...

Hey Nice blog! I like the way you have arranged the widgets. That poem from 'Harold and Kumar...' was really awesome. It almost inspired me too to post it on my blog. But somehow my procrastination prevailed! :) I did blog about Slumdog Millionaire though! Keep posting.

crasiezt said...

I completely loved the movie..have you seen the other one of the series?

And the song/poem is darn adorable:D

Shailesh Mishra said...

@crasiezt
Yup wen they visit White Castle, and loved it too.

You posted anything new?